Wednesday, May 4, 2016

2 Month Follow-up Appointment

On March 30, 2016 we headed back up to Huntsman for a follow-up appointment. The follow-up appointments were scheduled for every two months where blood work and chest x-rays/CT scans would be done to see if the cancer came back. We walked confidently out of the appointment expecting no return to Huntsman for another two months. The next day the nurse called us with the results. Judd's blood work was out of the normal range indicating that the cancer had spread. After a CT scan we were told the cancer had spread to his pelvis, abdomen, and a couple of spots on his lungs. The nurse stated the plan is to start Judd on chemotherapy as soon as possible so she scheduled us an appointment with an oncologist specializing in chemotherapy, Dr. Agarwal.

We had rolled the dice with a 50/50 chance the cancer wouldn't come back and lost. I felt as though someone were sitting on my chest, I couldn't breathe. When I was alone each breathe was let out with a cry to my Heavenly Father to remove this burden from my family. My prayer wasn't answered in the way I pleaded for, but my cries were answered in a hundred ways that made me feel the undeniable love of my Savior.

Judd says, "Looking back even before the follow up appointment, I felt wasn't ever truly out of the woods. Instead I felt there was more to my journey and that was confirmed when I found out I'd be starting chemo. I was scared and didn't know what to expect because I had heard so many things about chemo. But, from priesthood blessings I knew the Lord was by my side, which gave me great confidence."

Though we were both afraid of what the coming months had in store, the faith that carried us through the first part of our journey returned, once again filling our hearts with hope and knowledge that everything was going to be okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment